Do not buy ($1,200) a drawer microwave manufactured by Sharp.When installed in a cabinet as designed, the unit blows the moisture from the heated product down the front of the cabinet causing the wood to rot.
Sharp customer service stated I need to "purchase" an additional kit that is designed for a flush mount install. My unit was not flush mount installed. Sharp sent a tech to my house and he witnessed the issue and did not know of a fix.
I paid $1,200 for a microwave.
I should not have to pay any additional for it to work as designed.
If you have one of these units installed as designed, cook a couple of potatoes and watch the water roll down your cabinet.You will be replacing your cabinet.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Being accused of installing unit incorrectly
- Horrible customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Fix the unit properly at Sharps expense. I shoudl not have to spend any additional money nor install additional parts when the unit is installed as designed.
- Product or service
- Sharp Smd2470As Microwave Drawer Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Will not order from Office Depot again. Ordered a Danby washer on 20 March 2016 and arrived on 1 April 2016. Only after calling to find where my shipment was..."
- "I visited Big lot a week before Christmas, saw a nostalgic stereo system for $85.00. Left it and came back, asked if there were anymore, i was told only the..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "Buyer beware as we have had this couch for 2 years and the leather is ripping in random spots on both sections. Not small tears either as some of leather..."
- "I ordered 24 shirts sending clean PDF files, received a proof that has no pictures only stated placement of the ink, so I thought that's all I was proofing. ..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."
- "Wolfgang Puck organic tomato bisque soup had a cockroach. Where is the quality control? This is pretty disgusting. The soups must be canned in China but I doubt in the..."